Monday, November 29, 2010

Dangerous life


I had seen this bronc before many times. Eyeing him on more than one occasion. He was solid as rock and coat a sleek as paint.
He looked like he could run a hundred miles an hour just standing still. Scared could not describe the feeling I had at that moment. 
I was getting ready to climb in the saddle. people were looking, more like glaring at me. As I was putting my foot in the 
stirrup preparing to mount. With my leg over and no more than in the stirrup without even getting settled in the saddle. 
The rodeo was on. 
The first lunge threw me backwards grabbing for the horn to get my balance then the forward jump threw me on his neck. Leaping high 
into the air. My Imagination running rampant as this Wild horse was taking me about as close to death as I felt I had ever been
My heart was racing with each jump and Lunge, sweat was coming out of every pore on my body.
 This was shear terror like I had never known. Nothing in my life had ever prepared me for the beating I was taking now.
I had to hold on for dear life. Coming off this beast now would be certain death I was sure. If I hit the ground he would surely
 stomp the life out of me without a second thought. My Life had flashed before my eyes, was my affairs in order? I just knew
 that this would be my last ride.
The lights were growing dim in my mind with each terrible blow to my body, I was just about give out. My arms were weak 
and, my will to go on were just about gone. Fortunately this grocery store manager heard all the screaming and unplugged the 
Horse from the wall and told me not to come back in the store drunk again.;-P

Its just life get out and live it
Dave King
Copyright 2010
The Pasture Gate